Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Courageous and Displined

Today nornor came back in excitment and told me that he punched back when a boy beat him at school. I feel happy, not because I encourage him to hit others, but because in his whole life, this is the first time he ever had the courage to defend himself. He has always been the one who was bitten, beat, kicked, even when he is the oldest boy in class. That is what prompted me to send him to Karake program. The two virtues I hoped in him are courage and displine. He hardly gets it from the so called genes. After several classes, I am glad to see increased confidence in him. The inccident of first time defendence just confirms it. To keep the boudary, I reinterated the Chinese value "Don't offend others if they don't offend you, but do defend when you are offended."

No comments: